Dr. Jula S. Nair
Dr. Jula S. Nair, Senior Scientist in Central Silk Board, Ministry of Textiles, Govt. of India assumed the post of the Chief Editor of Sericologia in March 2013. Her first and immediate mission was to recast the journal’s layout, presentation style making it scientifically more appealing and to resume the publication from the new Head Quarters in Bangalore, India. The Chief Editor is directly responsible for the following:
- Set up guidelines for preparation and submission of manuscripts
- Maintenance of confidentiality of authors’ contributions and reviewers’ remarks as well as their status
- Establishment and maintenance of double blind peer review system
- Thorough processing of articles to make them suitable for publication following journal’s standard procedures and reject the ones that do not meet quality standards or lack originality of scientific information
- Maintenance of correspondence with authors and reviewers regarding publication & all other editorial policies and standards
- Maintenance of frequency of publication
- Keep up journal’s internal integrity
- Complying with the guidelines and procedures of owner organization
Dr. Jula is a post graduate in Zoology with specialization in Entomology from Calicut University, Kerala, India. This was followed up with a degree in Master of Philosophy (M.Phil.) in Crustacean Reproductive Physiology from the same University. Her Doctorate was in the discipline, Silkworm Physiology and Breeding from University of Mysore, Karnataka, India. The Doctoral research was accomplished in the famed premier research institute, Central Sericultural Research & Training Institute (CSRTI), Mysore. She has published more than 40 research papers in reputed national and international scientific journals and attended quite a few scientific conferences.
She started her career as a researcher in silkworm breeding in the year 1990 at CSRTI, Mysore and in a few years time bestowed with the responsibility of serving as the Editor of Indian Journal of Sericulture, the scientific journal of Central Silk Board, India, published from CSRTI, Mysore. She continued to serve as the Editor of the journal for 13 years during which the journal saw an absolute make over in the content and style with wider readership across the globe. The double blind peer review system followed by the journal was acknowledged by the scientific fraternity including the authors and reviewers. She has also been serving as the Associate Editor of Research Journal of Agricultural Sciences, an International Journal. These rich experiences offer her a wonderful opportunity to be a part of International Sericultural Commission to steer its journal.